Friday, December 5, 2008

An answer!

I have been asking all of you to remember several specific things. One is that Hallie wants a friend. There are times that she really does feel lonely. This past Wednesday night we went to the required weekly event, "English corner". Sometimes the kids really like this time, but lately Hallie has really dreaded it.
The teacher in charge of English corner was there that night and she had her daughter with her! Her daughter is only about a month or so younger than Hallie. She stayed and they played together. There were a few awkward moments, but they managed to find a few games that they could play without really talking. I tell you, it was so great to hear Hallie laughing and giggling with a friend!

They just moved to an apartment close to campus. Michelle said her daughter has been feeling a little lonely too because most of her friends are in the city. She invited Hallie to come and play with her sometime. I really hope this works out. It really seems like an answer to a prayer!

Also we will probably do something with a nearby school and our kids will be able to participate too. He is really REALLY good!

4 comments:

  1. YAY!! God is good and sends you what you need! We will keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad, Jennifer. Ever since I saw that on your prayer request, it has hurt my heart. I will continue to pray that this works out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEA!!!! I am so excited for Hallie. I have been praying for her. That just really broke my heart when I saw that on your blog. I imagine it's been really tough on her. Hopefully this new friendship will blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad things seem to be getting better for Hallie! We think about you guys often.

    ReplyDelete