Thursday, January 1, 2009

making ornaments and building relationships

Even before I came to China I had wanted to have an ornament party during the holidays. Things were pretty crazy and I almost did not have one, but I did go ahead and plan one. This was my first time doing something like this, so I kept it small and simple. I invited two students that are apart of the student fellowship and then two students that I would like to influence. One girl could not make it so I only had 3 come. We had cookies and hot chocolate and I taught them to make a simple ornament from paper strips. We listened to Christmas music as we worked. I was worried that things would get too loud. Ha Ha. They were concentrating so hard. Everyone ended up making two ornaments. I will definitely do this again next year. I may even have more than one of these parties. Everyone seemed to have a good time.



everyone hard at work.... The finished products!




2 comments:

  1. Great job! Glad you are still able to continue your creative ideas over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good deal - glad you all had a good time!!!

    ReplyDelete