Friday, September 4, 2009

Fermenter?

This morning Mr. Li called Jon and asked him if we had a fermenter. Jon said no. Why would we have that? What is it? Do you use when making beer? Then he said that the school has decided to give us one because of N1H1 (swine flu).
A fermenter!? How is that going to help? Then he said he would give us five and if our temperature is over 38o we should call him immediately!
Oh!
Now do you know what a fermenter is?
Yes, he meant thermometer.
Of course in his defense Mr. Li speaks three languages, Chinese, English, and German. It is ok that he makes some mistakes. Sometimes even if someone speaks English it can still be hard to understand some things. But it does make for a funny family joke.

I guess it was good that we did not have the fermenter last week. I know I had a fever, but I did not know how high it was. I don’t guess I had the flu because so far no one else in the family got sick!

We go Monday to have our annual Chinese physical exam. It is always interesting. Maybe we can get some pictures this time. Last year they told Jon he had fat in his liver and I had gallstones. I wonder what they say this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment