Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cook- out

This post is going to have a bunch of pictures. As a matter of fact, I had so many pictures that I felt like I needed to break them into two separate posts. About the time, I finished uploading them all to Blogger, I thought that I could have made a video out of them. Oh well, maybe next time.

A couple of weeks ago, we were invited to go with Li Wen and Li Hong's family to a barbecue. We drove for about an hour. We were outside of Hangzhou, but not very far. They called it the country side. It was really a great day.

Right away, we found a HUGE snakeskin. Thankfully we did not see the snake that shed this!



Honeysuckle! Jon taught Grace, Ching Ching, and Benjamin (an American) how to eat honeysuckle. My kids already knew how to do this.


Setting up for the cook- out.


Grace (Li Wen's daughter) and Ching Ching (Li Hong's) watch as Jon prepares to build a fire. This is where we cooked the potatoes.

This guy is studying art. He drew Benjamin's picture. He also drew one of Liam, but I did not take a picture.


Barbecue!


Don't worry, we had veggies too! See the beans?



I think Hallie and Ching Ching are playing "Mother may I"


They called these wild strawberries. They were good. They were like raspberries.


They spotted some more berries up this ravine...




The berries on the plant. Li Wen and Li Hong said they used to pick these when they were kids.



Some of the scenery. It was beautiful and very peaceful!

No comments:

Post a Comment