Tuesday, August 9, 2011

paperwork headaches

Jon will be working at a different school this up coming year.  We were not sure how it was all going to work out.  Jon actually signed the new contract 2 hours before he left Hangzhou.  With a new job, we need a new visa (and not renew our old one).  In order to get a work visa (which allows us to stay in the country longer than 90 days) we need an invitation letter from our school.  We do not have that letter yet.  It has been sent, but is not here yet.  We thought this might be a problem, so Jenn and the kids got a  regular tourist visa, and will change over to z visas.  We were told that Jon cannot do this.  Well, we still do not have the invitation letter, so Jon has no visa.  We are scheduled to start flying at 6:57AM Thursday.  Jon will not make it.  Jenn will be making the trip with the kids and most of the luggage.  Right now, we don't even know when Jon will be able to make it.  The tracking number on the letter shows that it arrived in New York in the wee hours of the morning on Thursday.  It has not moved since then.  We do not know why.  It is possible that it is on the way and just not scanned.  We hope that is the case.  If it arrives tomorrow, it is possible that Jon will just be a day behind us.  We will just wait for him at the airport hotel.  If it will be several days, we will continue on to Hangzhou on Friday.
Please keep us in your prayers.  Pray for safe and smooth travels for Jenn and the kids.  Pray for helpers when she needs them (luggage).  Pray for the paperwork issues to resolve themselves and for Jon to just be a day or so behind us.  Pray for the up coming school year to be a good one for us.

1 comment:

  1. Bless . . . praying hard for you ALL over the next few days. We love you and are so glad we got to see you.