Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What to do?

Well, it is that time of year. It is the time of year that foreign teachers (that's us) decide if they will come back next year. Of course we do know that we will come back to China next year. We just don't know if we will be at this school. We have started hearing some questions from the school. The problem is we have decided that I (Jenn) will not teach for the school next year. So the question is, will this school let us stay in this apartment if only one of us teach? To be perfectly honest, I don't know what we want to do. I wonder what would really be best. We like the convince of living on campus, but frankly some of the "opportunities" we thought would be here, have not panned out. We wonder if living further in town would not open more doors and be better for the kids. I guess, we are asking for prayers for guidance and wisdom as we make these decisions.

Last night at English corner I had a really good discussion with some students about some GOOD things. One showed a lot of interest and will be in my class this afternoon. Please ask Dad to help us say the right things as we pursue that relationship.

It seems we are starting to finally see some fruit and interest from some of our students which makes the decision to leave even harder. We will keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely praying for you here. I know you all have some big decisions ahead, but I feel confident you will make the best for you and your family. Thanks for keeping us posted!

    ReplyDelete