Tuesday, August 18, 2009

getting back in the swing of things

I am typing this from my living room in Hangzhou. We made it safe and sound. We have been here one week now. The trip was pretty uneventful. It was long! From the time our plane left Memphis until we walked into our apartment was 23 hours! We flew from Memphis to Atlanta to Shanghai. Then some students and a driver picked us up at the airport and drove us to Hangzhou. We were one bag short. One of our bags got lost, but they found it and we received it late Saturday morning.
We are pretty much over jet lag now. We are now back to sleeping at the correct times, more or less.
I slept until about 7:30 this morning!

I have lots and lots to blog about. I uploaded my pictures form this summer, and there were more than 400! Don't worry, I don't plan on putting all of them on here. I do hope to catch up soon though. Hallie and I are also planning to make a video of the apartment (hopefully today). We keep getting side tracked.

Jon does not start school for a few more weeks yet, but I plan to start the kids next week. That should be fun.

We are still adjusting, but over all things are going very well.
It is really nice to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment